Going live among your audiences is not only possible for people only on TV shows and new crews. Now, the users on all social media platforms can appear live with their target audiences. A big thanks to smartphones and technology in cameras that help to go live. Broadcast your daily routine or any other activities to your audiences by going live on any other social media applications.
Out of them, TikTok is one of the best and easiest ways to interact with audiences by using the Live feature. Increase content engagement rate on TikTok by posting your content on a live session. Most creators use TikTok live to communicate with their friends, co-creators, or fans to maintain a good relationship. When the interaction of users with your account increases, TikTok popularity grows with large followings. With more interaction, the views for TikTok videos increase substantially adding up to your followers count as well. Are you new to TikTok and want to know how to join TikTok live? Go with the below article to get started with audience interaction.
What Is TikTok Live?
TikTok live is a new feature launched in the year 2019. It works similar to the live feature of YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram that allows users to interact with your account in real-time. The length of live videos on TikTok is up to 60 minutes when audiences engage for longer than the short pre-recorded videos.
For brands and creators, TikTok live will be the right tool to reach their target audiences on a large scale.
Requirements To Go Live On TikTok
The first and foremost step is to sign up on TikTok to own an account. But, remember, the age limit to use the TikTok application is 13 years. The minor accounts contain massive restrictions for safety purposes. Now, you can use the TikTok live feature by fulfilling the following requirements.
- The present age of the TikTok user must be 16 years or above to access the TikTok live feature. TikTok calculates the age based on the date of birth given while signing up for your account.
- Your account must have a minimum of 1000 TikTok followers.
TikTok live helps the content creators or other brands to make money by getting coins from the viewers, which can be used to buy virtual gifts. The viewers above the age of 18 years only have access to use the feature of providing coins to great creators.
Benefits Of TikTok Live
Streaming live on TikTok is an excellent way to build an engaging community with your audiences. TikTok live helps to perform engaging activities like question and answer sections, getting audience content ideas, etc., that creates enormous trust. The live feature increases brand popularity at a large level. Get to know your name by interacting directly with users and clearing their doubts to enhance authenticity.
How To Go Live On TikTok?
- Open your TikTok application and log in with your account details.
- Click the ‘+’ icon present at the bottom.
- On the navigation bar, choose the ‘Live’ option and fix an attractive cover image that intends users to join TikTok live.
- Enter the caption before starting your live. TikTok allows you to provide captions about your live video and is limited to 32 characters. Make it short and catchy to attract views for TikTok.
- At last, choose ‘Go Live.’
Invite your followers to join TikTok live and add video effects to grab the audience’s attention. The live stream videos on TikTok will be available for 90 days, where you can recreate them to post on the For you page or download them.
How To Join A TikTok Live?
There are only two different ways to join a TikTok live from another user.
- Send a request to the users whom you want to join the TikTok live, or
- The user may send a request to join TikTok live
TikTok provides the opportunity to send requests for 20 users at once to join your live. This enhances your TikTok account to create a community in your niche and build a wider audience.
Procedure To Join A TikTok Live
Send a request to your audiences to join or co-host live on TikTok by following the below steps:
- The first step is to launch your TikTok application.
- Click the ‘Live’ option on your screen and find the live stream you need to join and start watching.
- Go to the comments section available on the live screen. Under the TikTok live comments, there is an interlocking circle in a pink and blue combination. Tap on the circle where a dialogue box with a request option opens.
- Then, send a request to the TikTok creator and wait for the confirmation to join their TikTok live.
- Once accepting the request, your TikTok screen splits and provides space to co-host the live session.
Procedure To Invite Someone To Join TikTok Live
The above steps help you in sending requests to TikTok users to co-host the live session. Here, we are going to see how to send an invite to other users to join your TikTok live.
- After starting your TikTok live, click on the interlocking circle available in pink and blue colors.
- A list of people will be displayed to whom you can send the request to join TikTok live.
- Then, click ‘Add’ to send them a request and wait for them to accept your invite.
Your TikTok audience needs to accept the request to join live within the period of 20 seconds; else, it will disappear, or you will need to wait for the user to send a request again. TikTok live provides the same space for you and your co-hosts, which will be accessible for both audiences.
Tips For Successful Live On TikTok
If you want to bring your best on TikTok live, follow the below tips to extend your audience reach.
- Know the right time when your most audiences are active on TikTok.
- The length of the TikTok live matters. Limiting your live video to about 30 minutes will be the best.
- Have a practice of posting content on the TikTok For You page before going live that leads your followers to join your live.
- Engage your TikTok followers with perfect background and lighting.
- An uninterruptible internet connection is required.
- Avoid the background noises that help audiences to listen without any distractions.
- Plan your content to convey during live to stay focused and interact with audiences.
The TikTok live feature is one of the trending ways to grow your brand presence. Since TikTok is a video-sharing platform, it is important to get all the necessary information by joining a TikTok live with a specific account. Use the above guide to know how to join a TikTok live and enjoy watching their performance live. As a result, TikTok live provides an opportunity to interact with other users and build trust among followers.